Monday, May 21, 2012

Random Azkal notes, infos and Wikings old blogs



To the hard core Azkal fan, Manny Ott, Dennis Cagara and Denis Wolf's contract situation were of concern. All three of these gentlemen had contracts expiring on June 30 2012. See here: http://wikingandtheazkals.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-much-is-azkal-worth.html

Stephan Schröck is a part of this group, but if you didn't already know, after helping his long time team, Greuther Furth to a first place finish in the 2.Bundesliga(and a promotion), Stephan was signed by middling 1.Bundesliga team Hoffenheim to an offer his previous team could not match.

Manny Ott, has since late last year, been rather worried about his situation with FC Ingolstadt, but fear not fanboys and fangirls, he was just given a fat(compared to what I make anyway), long term contract. He is now signed until June 30 2014. A two year extension!

Dennis Cagara, meanwhile is a free agent again as FSV Frankfurt declined to re-sign him despite playing well as the new wing back. Unfortunately for Dennis, when his mother passed away a few weeks back, his play, according to FSV, started to suffer. Here is a translated Danish article:

Cagara breaks with FSV Frankfurt
Photo: Jesper Poulsen / bold.dk




Second Bundesliga
FSV Frankfurt

One death in the immediate family has left its sad toll on Dennis Cagaras first half season at FSV Frankfurt, and for the same reason he leaves now, the Germans and looking forward in his career.

Dennis Cagara got in January fulfilled his desire for a German future and wrote half year deal with second Bundesliga club FSV Frankfurt with a one year automatic extension if you were in the row. The mission was successful, but still leaves Cagara now the club.

We made five appearances for the club, but it is neither damage nor bad chemistry that causes the fracture and the limited playing time.

- I came to Tyskand and were a little behind the others in form because of the long Danish winter break, but I feel I came quickly after that and started to play matches, which was nice enough to tell Cagara bold.dk and continues:

- Unfortunately I had to take a little break and have a great deal in Denmark because of personal reasons. My mother was sick and died, unfortunately. It also meant that my main course was a different place on the pitch for a while. I played a few games then, but my concentration was not quite as it should be.

- Therefore, we have also in full agreement, chose to take from each other now. I had hoped to get his career started in Germany, but I think it was best to try something else after everything that has happened. Now I'm on vacation, and then we will see what the future brings.

Cagara still want to be abroad, but keeps all doors open and rates on a contract that could bring some peace to him and the family.

- I have quite differently in the pipeline, which may well be somebody, but it is not so concrete yet. I just want that the next contract will be of longer duration. I know that people are thinking that I constantly write short contracts because I'm not good enough, but fortunately, I know that this is not true, and I will prove.

- I did fortunately more good matches in Germany and is full of ambition, so I am hopeful. I am open to everything this one game and listen to all interested clubs, also from Denmark, says Cagara. 
http://www.bold.dk

Denis Wolfs' contract is over too yet I have no info on any extensions or impending free agency is in the works. If it was up to me, I'd say at 29 and a horrendous season in the Regionalliga, his star is definitely on the wane in the German leagues. So move to the Philippines be a star in the UFL and the national team, meet a young starlet and be a big fish in a small pond! It'd be a win-win situation if you ask me!

Rumor central:

Remember Rufo, that Spanish whiz from CFIM? He was suppose to play for the Stallions but was derailed but word is, two power house UFL teams are bidding for his services for next season. The two teams are...




So I suppose everyone knows about Puma? :)

Tooting my own horn:

One of my old articles "hoping" to see Juani play for the Azkals  http://wikingandtheazkals.blogspot.com/2011/10/juan-luis-guirado-to-rescue.html#links came true!
 


This one just got invited back to play for the Azkals: 
http://wikingandtheazkals.blogspot.com/2011/10/why-and-what-for-as-ive-often-stated-im.html
Too add: As of today, Freddy is not in San Carlos City for the Azkal team training as per Cedelf Tupas

This one is happy playing for Englands beach football team:
http://wikingandtheazkals.blogspot.com/2011/10/chad-gould-former-azkal-and-current.html
 
And this one would, if not for a successful business he's got in the "land-down-under" 
http://wikingandtheazkals.blogspot.com/2011/11/attention-ufl-open-up-your-wallets.html
The key word here folks is "he would". Btw, he is a starter for Fraser Park FC and now plays as a Right Back, as opposed to Forward and the Wings last season. So for a UFL team looking for a veteran presence and with an eye for a better record and an improved defense? Look no further than Leigh Gunn!


Pic from goal.ph and anton sheker(thanks guys)
After writing about this guy:
All of a sudden he gets picked up by Global and gets an invite to tryout for the Azkals! I'd like to think that my blog caused someone with the Azkals/PFF to give him a call. It's probably wishful thinking, but it is all good, at least the kid gets another chance after his devastating injury.

That's it for now. So can anyone tell me if Anton del Rosario has given up on the Azkals, or is it the other way around?




The 27-year-old played back in the autumn of Lyngby and got 15 matches for royal blue.

mikael@bold.dk

No comments:

Post a Comment