Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Attention UFL! Open up your wallets James Leigh Gunn might be interested!!


 So there I was contemplating on if I should get a Twitter account or not. You see I'm that old guy thats pretty set in his way. Programming my home theater system took me ages to finish, let alone know how to work it without looking at my scribbled notes. Anyway, I figured why not, maybe one of these guys I write about can one day reply to a query of mine.

thanks to fritz dalida for pic

As I registered myself I couldnt help but feel trepidation, would I turn out like these giddy little idol worshippers following their faves through the social network? Maybe stalking the likes of Anne Curtis or something? Pshah, wouldnt, couldnt happen I say, I'm much to cool for that. So what do I do after I finish registering and getting my very own twitter account, I start "following" some of the victi, err, subjects of my blogs. First tweet was to James Leigh Gunn. I noticed he wasnt inundated by our fan girls as much as say, Misagh Bahadoran, Aly B or the Younghusbands, so my chances for a reply would be greatly enhanced and of course my interest in his career in Australia with Frasier Park FC plus maybe I can get a reply to my very first tweet! So then I wrote:

Hello, when does your season start with FPFC? your position? My 1st tweet ever!The Azkals/UFL/your fans want u back!!

So then I leave my account dormant for a day or so as I figured I wouldn't need to check because no one would reply anyway. But lo and behold this wasn't the case at all. He replied and it turns out he might be amenable to playing in the UFL after all:

FPFC season starts March 21. I will be Striker or Right midfield again. Options are open though to offers!

So my first reaction was Holy S&^t he replied, this tweeting isn't so bad after all! A moment or so later I thought, isn't the AFC Challenge Cup in March 3rd until March 18th? Hmmmm...

Yes, I've seen the post in a forum I belong too saying how, "according to a friend, he's not that good", and he's too old etc etc. I call your bluff, I think he'd be great coming back, as a veteran of the A league and of the national team, there's got to be a place for the man! With his size, surely he'd be a bruiser abusing scrawny defensive backs. So c'mon Dan Palami, UFL team owners, open up that wallet and welcome back one of our own!

Hmmm, who to tweet next? Anne Curtis? ....Naaahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive