Thursday, November 3, 2011

Anyone ever kick you in the balls before?!

Well that's how I feel when my Azkals(or U23 team) lose a fixture. To be fair the Vietnamese team were awesome, I'd be an ass if I didn't say so. Kudos to the players and the coach for their preparation and tactical approach to this game. Dare I say, the Vietnamese played football beautifully in defeating my young Azkals.
The two opposing coaches
 As for me, I happened to have "procured" some old(read: moldy) VHS tapes and had them running just in time to TAPE(can't believe anyone "tapes" TV programs anymore!) the Philippine vs Vietnam match. I will enjoy watching the first half as it reminds me of last years upset win against the senior Vietnamese team, and I will reluctantly watch the second half just so I can see what really happened to my beloved team. Expect a none biased report on player performances in a day or two(let me mourn first).

No disrespect but I'll say this though, I'd be scared if I'm the next team to face my young Azkals. Our goal keeper, Roland Muller, is probably going to come out one of the best, if not the best, GK in this tournament. A frustrated offense and a defense that feels like it got its ass handed to them today, they'll be looking for payback against the next team. And we all know, paybacks a bitch!


4 comments:

  1. Lol Timor Leste would be scared to face anyone anyway. Payback? Do you actually think your Phil going to reach the final?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Payback? Do you actually think your Phil going to reach the final?

    I'm sorry you don't know the American term and the gist of its meaning: Paybacks a bitch! Because I never mentioned "finals" anywhere in my statement.

    As for your Timor Leste statement, obviously you're a new fan because anyone can be beaten if they keep their guard down. Ask the senior Vietnamese team what happened last year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't u talkin about paying back the Vietnamese? The only chance for the Phil to meet Vietnam again is in the final.

    Do you actually think Timor has a chance to get a single point from this tournament. The Phil from last year Aff Suzuki cup were full of surprises. The team were full of newly add foreign born Filipino. If Phil didn't have these foreign born in their team, they would easily get dominated.

    I'm sorry if I seems like a dick. i was upset to c Vietnam win the game (Vietnam beat my country national team in 08 Suzuki cup.

    Best of luck in the semi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stated it clearly on the last paragraph of my blog: "...the next team to face my young Azkals."

    As for Timor Leste, I'll say it again, you sleep on a game and any team could tie or beat you. As you've stated, the Philippines did some "surprising" last year.

    I also don't mean to be defensive, just stating the facts. Not all of our European or American based players were born in those countries. Ray Jonsson of Iceland, among others, was born in the Philippines. We are new with "football" give us time, but for you, a none Filipino, to be here talking to a Filipino about football speaks volumes. I'd also like to point out, we have no NATURALIZED(read: no Filipino blood) players in our national teams, some of our other Asian neighbors cannot say the same. Less than 2 years ago, we were an automatic win for your teams. Now you have to work for it. We will take our lumps in the process but we will get there eventually.

    Best of luck to you too friend!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive